This International Healthcare Programme® has been arranged by your employer. It is a health protection programme that provides you with:
- Access to an expert second medical opinion;
- Cover for medical, travel and accommodation expenses as well as other benefits when receiving treatment for specific serious illnesses at leading international hospitals outside of your country of residency/employment;
- Refund of medication expenses once you get home.
The Programme does not pay a lump sum upon diagnosis but provides cover for the cost of treatment, including travel and accommodation arrangements, up to the sum insured and individual limits stated in the Programme’s Benefits Schedule.
The services in this Programme are provided in collaboration with:
- Best Doctors: the company responsible for the second opinion service also known as InterConsultation®;
- Further Underwriting International, SLA (Further): the company responsible for medical and non-medical concierge services for the arrangement of treatment abroad.
The Programme offers:
An expert second medical opinion service that you can request at any time and cover for treatment outside your country of residency/employment for the following Medical Conditions and Procedures:
- Cancer treatment
- Coronary artery by-pass surgery
- Heart valve replacement or repair
- Live-donor organ Transplant
- Bone Marrow Transplant
This Programme will pay for:
- Hospitalization costs and services
- Travel and accommodation expenses
- Repatriation costs
- Medication costs
Disclaimer: The above is subject to policy terms & conditions. For specific details of what the Programme does and does not cover, please refer to the Handbook.